UCBackup provides a centralized, network based backup and recovery service for computer systems on the UC Berkeley campus as well as servers at the San Diego Super Computing Center (SDSC). It protects computers from data loss due to accidental file deletion or corruption, hard drive failure, or system upgrade.
- Available for servers and desktops on the campus network
- Windows, Mac OS and UNIX/Linux platform support available
- Automatic detection and backup of file changes daily
- Offsite backup repository
- Password-protected accounts
Data Retention Policy
Default policy retains backups for up to five of the most recently modified versions.
Who can use it?
For UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and departments.
How much does it cost?
UCBackup is $0.14/GB/month, charged against all data in the backup system.
Note that data normally has both on-site and off-site copies, and charges apply to both.
How do I get it?
To request the UCBackup service follow the steps at Getting Started
Where can I get help?
Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
To report an outage call (510) 664-9000 option 1, 1, 1